Cleaning is an art. It is a skill that requires patience, focus, and the right tools. When you clean your home properly, it will always look good and smell like a fresh lemon.
The same goes for office cleaning. Companies hire office cleaning services to free employees of tasks other than what they are required to do. Office cleaning services are well equipped and are good at what they do.
When you’re cleaning your house, you should also be mindful of the environment that these actions create. If you’re using chemicals to clean your home, make sure they are safe for the environment and that they won’t have an adverse effect on the health of your family or pets.
Check out the book, The Art of Cleaning. It is a comprehensive guide on how to clean various surfaces in your home from carpets to windowsills with the proper materials and techniques so that it doesn’t take hours but takes seconds instead.
Clean your home with 8 simple tips
Cleaning your home can be a tedious task. But, with these 8 tips, you can make your home cleaner in no time.
- Start with a clean slate. This means if you have never cleaned before, start by vacuuming and dusting the room.
- Make a habit of cleaning regularly. Make it a daily routine that you do every day or at least every week.
- Clean up after yourself. Put all of your trash in one place and clean the area after you are done eating or cooking
- Take care of surfaces like countertops and appliances with ease by using non-toxic cleaners like vinegar and lemon juice
- Clean up spills quickly by using paper towels or cloths to soak up the spill
- Clean up messes quickly by using a spray bottle to kill germs and clean up any lingering pollution
- Install or regularly use an air purifier
- Keep your home smelling great by keeping flowers, plants, and air fresheners around the room.
Read also: Green Cleaning Services
5 Ways To Boost Your Housekeeping Without Spending More or Losing Time or Effort
1. Get a vacuum cleaner to clean your home fast
There are many ways to bring your home back to its original cleanliness. But, a vacuum cleaner is one of the best. Vacuum cleaners eliminate dirt and dust from floors, carpets, and furniture. And, they save time by being easier on your back than cleaning with a broom or mop.
2. Spray with vinegar and water to clean grout and tiles (and it also kills germs)
Vinegar is an inexpensive, natural, and effective alternative to harsh chemicals for cleaning grout and tiles. Vinegar can kill bacteria, remove soap scum and mold, as well as disinfect.
3. Use baking soda to clean the drains in your sink after every use
Have you ever been in a situation where you’ve needed to clean your sink, but the drain is clogged? Baking soda is one of the most versatile cleaning supplies that you can use. It has natural disinfectant properties and can unclog drains. This product can be used in many ways such as a scrubbing brush, a cleaner for tile grout, and even an abrasive cleaner for floors.
4. Use a squeegee to wipe windows and mirrors
A squeegee is a thin, flat rubber blade with a channel in the handle. When you wet the blade it becomes flexible, soft, and more able to push water off of surfaces. With the help of water pressure, it can be used to clean windows and mirrors by wiping them dry.
5. Use a dryer sheet to freshen up your laundry
How often do you notice your laundry getting musty? It might be time to switch out your dryer sheets for a new one. A dryer sheet is an easy-to-use and generally safe solution to freshen up your clothing. These sheets are made of 100% pure cellulose, which is what gives clothes their distinctive scent.